Thursday, December 29, 2005

Closet Muslim Karen Armstrong Still Struggles With Her Stupidity

Karen Armstrong is a closet Muslim, a Mohammedan in bad drag. She gave an interview to Al Jazeera that is absurd. Let's take a look at Mohammedan Armstrong's own words.

Scholar: There is no clash of civilisations
By Firas Al-Atraqchi in Cairo, Egypt

Tuesday 20 December 2005, 17:12 Makka Time, 14:12 GMT

Armstrong was in Cairo as a guest of the American University. [Great! We are paying to have this idiot travel around whining about the misunderstood Mohammedans.]


Armstrong is currently teaching Christianity at London's Leo Baeck College for the Study of Judaism. Her latest publication focuses on the birth of compassion in the pre-Christian Axial Age. [I hope Homeland Security prevents this clown coming to the USA]

Firas Al-Atraqchi,'s contributing editor, recently caught up with Armstrong in Cairo where she was delivering lectures on religion as part of the American University in Cairo's English public lecture series. What is the common denominator linking all the faiths you have studied?

Armstrong: I would say compassion and the Golden Rule, ("don't do to others as you would not have done to you") which is what they all teach. I was with the Dalai Lama a couple of months ago and he said all religions teach kindness. He said: "My religion is kindness." [Is this not the stupidest statement you have ever heard?]

"Since 9-11, hostility towards Islam has accelerated which is endemic in our society"

Some - as we have seen by our own British bombers - are appalled by the pictures coming out of Guantanamo, Iraq and Abu Ghraib and daily from Palestine. This feeds into an alienation that they feel from their own British culture they were brought up in. [Give me a break! It's all the West's fault. Haven't you heard?]

Since 9-11, hostility towards Islam has accelerated which is endemic in our society. On the other hand, these images of people being beheaded on TV just reinforce these old stereotypes and make it more difficult for Muslims to feel at home. [You think?]

But there is no clash of civilisations in an ontological way.

At the beginning of the 20th century when Muslims first began to encounter the modern West, they recognised it as congenial to their own traditions. But then bad foreign policy - Palestine, Suez, the support of tyrannical dictatorial rulers, and the rush for oil (which often meant that ethics were overlooked) - has alienated many in the Muslim world and made them feel the West is a double dealer. [Please, Mohammedan Armstrong is still playing that same old whine that nobody who has bothered to study Islam believes.]

I was with Desmond Tutu - I am on a United Nations committee called Alliance of Civilisations which tries to bring people together - and he was saying how appalled he was that Tony Blair was trying to push through a law allowing detention without trial for 90 days. [Great, another corrupt 'dialogue' committee that we, the American taxpayers, pay for these closet Mohammedans to spew hatred for the evil infidels.]

The race riots in France and Australia, they involved Arab and Muslim youth. Is this a harbinger of things to come?

I don't know much about the riots in Australia as I have been travelling, but the French riots had very little to do with Islam and much more to do with deprivation and ostracising, racism. There's been trouble brewing in France for so long with the immigrant communities which are kept in some type of ghettoes. [There you go. The expert speaks.]

Similarly, with our British bombers, they were kept in a part of Yorkshire, in northern England, that I have never visited. And that is indicative - I wouldn't go there. [Don't you want to be among 'your people', closet Mohammedan Karen?]


But there are places where Pakistani youths are at the bottom of the pile. They have very little chance for advancement. There were in 2001 race riots there, before 9-11. It is race and second classism, a sense that there is no way they can make their way forward in society. [But what about all those non Muslim immigrants that do make their way successfully? Why do they succeed but your fellow Mohammedans don't Karen?]


We are not talking about a universal Islamic Jihad and it was wrong of the papers to call these Muslim riots; these were just riots about deprivation and discrimination. [But tell me Mohammedan Karen, why did they scream "allah akbar?" while they burn state property and infidel property?]


Some have called you a healer idealist while others point to your description of Islam and say you must be a Muslim. How do you describe yourself? [Yes, closet Mohammedan Karen, jump out of that closet!]

I wouldn't say I am an idealist because I am far too pessimistic to be an idealist. But I have a strong sense of dread, a prickly feeling that we have been here before and we can't go down this road again.

I first got it during the Salman Rushdie crisis - a feeling that in Europe we have been here before. We have cultivated a distorted vision of a people for a thousand years and this ended in the death camps in the 1930s. And we can never go down this road again.

When I started to hear people talking in this loose-lipped way about Islam, I felt a sense of real fear that somebody, even if it had to be me, had to correct these perceptions. [Oh, closet Muslim Karen, save us from our foolish observations of Islam.]

Furthermore, I really admire the Muslim tradition so much. The Prophet Muhammad is the most magnificent example who inherits the most appalling situation - in Arabia at the time there was a bloodbath - and brings peace out of it. And at a great personal cost to himself. [Can you believe that statement? Karen Armstrong would have loved to be in Mohammed's harem, she would probably gets wet with the thought.]
And not only that, but he bequeathed to humanity a scripture that has helped millions of human beings to make sense of their lives.

To have such a combination of very strong spiritual genius with political genius is extraordinary. So there is that admiration.

At the height of Islam's power, Muslim theologians were so pluralistic and daring and affirmative and inspiring; people like Ibn Arabi and Rumi. [Right, closet Mohammedan Karen. If you say so. So what happened to turn Islam into a murdering death cult?]

I was very alienated from religion by my own experiences as a young nun and wanted nothing to do with religion. [Oh no, is she still dealing with her loss of her Catholic faith? What a whiner.]

But it was the study of Islam and Judaism, but Islam particularly, that brought me back to a sense of what religion could be at its best. [Don't you hate these closet Muslims? Just go ahead and say it Karen, say it, "I am a Mohammedan. The greatest 'prophet'." ]

It gave me an entirely new perspective on things. Even though I am not a Muslim, I have absorbed so much of Islam that it has become a part of me. [What a hack. Just say it, closet Mohammedan Karen. You want to. Why not?]

I used to describe myself as a freelance monotheist because I draw inspiration from all - I cannot see any of them as superior. And that has now spread to Buddhism and all the rest. [Oh, she is just a bumblebee, flitting from religion to religion, tasting the nectar but Islam was the best flower with the best nectar in her opinion I guess.]

I see all of them just equal, each with its own genius and with its own flaws.

At the moment, I would describe myself as convalescent; recovering from a bad religious experience by the study of these other traditions which continue to inspire me and feed me. [Can you stop the whining, or is it just 'me, me, me' all the time. What a wretched screwed up woman.]


The discipline of trying to put myself out of my post-enlightenment 20th-century rationalism and the feeling of superiority and into the mind of the Prophet [or his harem] and the mystics of long ago teaches me about compassion and to feel with others.

And that spills over into my personal life. I get very upset now by unkindness in any form. I have a thinner skin than I used to have. [Good, come visit my site and let's see how upset you get.]

So have I found God? As the Chinese would say: "I am on the way." The Now is the point; what's important is the why you're actually on the way and not to be so concerned by the destination. [What drivel from this confused 'traumatized' former dhimmi, now closet Muslim. I think a White House invitation by Bush is in order for this bumblebee 'expert' in Islam, don't you?]


dag said...

I should charge her the five bucks I lost when I heaved up my Mc Donald's lunch reading that stuff.

It's probably clear to most readers of her books that she's a clinically diagnosable psychopath. She has no connection to people as beings. As repulsive as is her grovelling and mewling over Mohammed, she is far worse in her "mystical" state where she exposes a complete lack of empathy for humans as beings. If people are taken in by her sentimaentality it's only because they have no better sense of others than Armstrong does. But no, that's an exageration. Armstrong is in a class of her own while others might just be naive. This woman is not only creepy, she is a definite menace. If you read her books you should sense that she will kill people. This woman is frightening.

And she makes me puke.

Terrahawk said...

Ack!!!!! What was that about? This woman teaches Christianity? Mohammed brought peace? If you mean in a twisted way by uniting a shattered group into a more cohesive force and then unleashing them on the rest of humanity, then yes, he brought peace. She is a Muslim or will be one soon. And no, Islam does not teach the Golden Rule. Compassion is for the believers, not the infidel.

MissingLink said...

"Armstrong is currently teaching Christianity at London's Leo Baeck College for the Study of Judaism"

I bet she seriously believes theat the Qur'an is the true Bible with an additional Islamic New Testament.

Mark said...

Karen Armstrong, as far as I can see, has very little credibility left. She has become nothing but an apologist for Islam. I don't like her writing at all, because it is nothing but a whitewash of the facts.

I'll pass on this woman: She's not worth wasting time on! She's far too idealistic for my taste.