Saturday, January 28, 2006

From a Jihadist to a Human--part two

I turned seven and then it was time for me to start praying the Moslem way. Standing up, bending forward, then standing up again and prostrating then sitting down and repeating the whole process was what I was taught to do. I didn't understand the concept but I did it because Allah said so. By the age of 10 I was fully trained in Islam and had to regularly attend the Friday prayers, and I was supposed to offer the rest of the prayers, i.e. five times everyday too. I tried that but could never do it because, after all, I was a mere child.

When I went to the mosque – the cleric there talked in Arabic. I didn't understand Arabic because I lived in a company compound where there weren't any Arabs, just Pakistanis, Indians and some westerners. My dad used to explain the cleric's speech to me afterwards so I would understand and be a more devout Moslem. Most often said was something like 'death to Israel' – my father of course explained that the Jews had conquered 'our' land, and we hated them for that and all the Jews were to be killed. Hitler was highly praised in Saudi Arabia too (I think he still is – don't know for sure, I have been out of Saudi for about 10 years now). I was taught to hate the Jews too and love what Palestinians were doing (this was serious stuff in 1995 too). I was taught that the Jihad was the best way to heaven. And no, Moslems don’t mean jihad as 'an inner struggle with one's own desires'. Jihad means Holy War, which the Koran mandates for all Moslems so that they 'kill all non-Moslems'. I was told that the Jews were to be killed because they had committed wrong doings against the prophet Mohammed and so the Christians too because of the Crusades.

Oh and as is perceived in the west, no – Islam doesn't distinguish between men, women and children. Anyone born out of Islam is a non-Moslem and, therefore, can be killed. Only if the non-Moslems surrender to Islamic supremacy, they are given two options, which are 'Embrace Islam' or 'Die'. Sometimes a third option is granted to the infidels, which is 'Pay Jizya Tax' which is not like income tax at all but is a punitive tax of ‘protection’ applied only on non-Moslems living under Islamic rule. Along with that, non Moslems are rendered as 2nd class citizens, forbidden from owning property, and subjected to many other humiliations (see my earlier post on The Pact of Omar for more on these humiliating status for infidels, also called Dhimmitude). If the unbeliever embraces Islam, only then are they are forgiven. Also, if the infidels refuse to convert to Islam, then Moslems are allowed by their religion to take the infidel wives and children as their own.

Fortunately for me – I only spent 10 years in Saudi Arabia – the state where the sword is often used to sever the heads of people guilty of the 'crime' of thinking anything contrary to Islamic ideas. After that, we moved to Pakistan and lived in a conservative Islamic town near Islamabad. Pakistan, being my parents' homeland and a Moslem country, was (said my parents) the best country for me and my siblings to spend our teenage years in.

The same religious education begun in Saudi Arabia continued in Pakistan – the same training, with Friday prayers, but another thing was added – the Ramadan, a one month period of daytime fasting that is required for all Moslems. Now I was old enough to stay hungry the whole day and eat like crazy in the evening. I was only 10 years old – usually Ramadan process for a Moslem starts at age 12, but my parents judged me ready a full two years early. I wasn't told why people stayed hungry all day at the time, but when I turned 12 my parents sat me down and explained the 'value' of Ramadan. They said that it trains Moslems to be more patient and it is a good deed which helps a Moslem get to paradise. Of course, hearing this made me happy – because I had this urge in me to be a perfect Moslem. I took every word about Ramadan my parents told me to heart.

Click here to read Part Three

9 comments:

sambitch said...

Why Does everyone misunderstand the love Allah feels for all his flock. He openly spreads his arms to welcome you. Feel the love.

dag said...

Grabbed the anti-jihadist logo. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Clearly you were never a muslim. Surely you were taught the wrong history, and no way you lived in Saudi Arabia or are a Pakistani. Shame on you for defaming a religon you clearly know nothing about, what you write is un-true. Please commence and fool yourselves of the truth for every lye will be reaveled one day or the other, wish you luck on your so called crusade, which shows you clearly are brainwashed. By the way muslims beleive in Jeuses Christ and beleive he was persecuted by the Jews jsut as Prophet Mohamed (PBUH) was at a later stage.

Dude said...

Clearly you were never a muslim. Surely you were taught the wrong history, and no way you lived in Saudi Arabia or are a Pakistani. Shame on you for defaming a religon you clearly know nothing about, what you write is un-true. Please commence and fool yourselves of the truth for every lye will be reaveled one day or the other, wish you luck on your so called crusade, which shows you clearly are brainwashed. By the way muslims beleive in Jeuses Christ and beleive he was persecuted by the Jews jsut as Prophet Mohamed (PBUH) was at a later stage.

Dude said...

Clearly you were never a muslim. Surely you were taught the wrong history, and no way you lived in Saudi Arabia or are a Pakistani. Shame on you for defaming a religon you clearly know nothing about, what you write is un-true. Please commence and fool yourselves of the truth for every lye will be reaveled one day or the other, wish you luck on your so called crusade, which shows you clearly are brainwashed. By the way muslims beleive in Jeuses Christ and beleive he was persecuted by the Jews jsut as Prophet Mohamed (PBUH) was at a later stage.

The Anti-Jihadist said...

Mr Dude-

Hogwash. Go pound sand in your precious KSA, you're not wanted here.

The Anti-Jihadist said...

Oh and another thing you pro terrorist slime. Muslims DO NOT believe Jesus is the CHRIST. They claim Him as a mere human prophet, and then totally ignore his teachings of love and non violence.

Kurnia said...

the Friday preach or any other kind of Islamic preach in the mosque that bashes the Jew or Chinese or other kuffars are so true.Here in Indonesia they even put it on loud speaker so the whole neighborhood can hear. Islam also can not wishes their Christian friends a "Merry Christmas" because to do so is "Haram" or a sin, let alone believe in Jesus

Kurnia said...

As far as i know, Moslems cant even wishes their Christian friends "Merry Christmas" or Happy Easter. It is "haram" or forbidden.