Monday, February 20, 2006

This is how it was, 2006--Malaysia

Being a blogger, blogging from a (defacto) Islamic state like Malaysia, is a surreal experience. It can be difficult for those in the free world to understand, so I will try to elucidate. So this is my contribution for the "This is how it was" series.

Being a blogger in Malaysia on such a 'sensitive topic' like Islam is, to be honest, like being the only sane person in an insane asylum. Everyone around you is either unwilling or unable to see reality in its true form--they can only perceive a distorted misshapen sort of reality. But this 'alternate' reality is the one that everyone accepts as natural, and as true. For example, note the following typical viewpoint from the Malaysian media: "Why of course, those awful cartoons, how could they dare publish them? One must never insult Islam." Here in the Malaysian wing of the Islamic Insane Asylum, such thoughts are so natural, they just roll off the tongue. Any thoughts otherwise are not only unthinkable, they are inconcievable. Such is life with the inmates of Islam.

Of course, if I ever dare utter the truth openly, or anything else that does not fit the Official Line, I am quickly warned by my friends. "Quiet! Do you want to get in trouble?" To risk using a borderline hoary cliche, my existence here is a bit like the plotline from the first Matrix movie (the one good Matrix movie, I mean). In that movie, the main character realizes the truth, but it's such a dangerous truth that it totally undercuts not only the authority, but the very reality of society itself--its assumptions, its norms, its very foundations. It is exactly the same here in this corner of Dar al Islam, knowing as I know, that there can never be peace as long as there is Islam in the world.

I walk around the streets everyday, with this incredibly dangerous knowledge in my mind. No amount of posture or PC from the braindead local media, or government spin can erase what I know. So, it's best to keep it sealed carefully away, and this is what I do. It's what I have to do everyday here, just to function normally. Were it not for the net, I would have no outlet for such thinking at all. So for that, I am grateful.

Most Malaysians are very content to not think about politics, or religion. Since freedom of thought, religion, speech, or expression do not truly exist here, Malaysians by and large are happy leaving such thoughts on such 'sensitive topics' to those presumed to be the wise ones. People like the government, the kings, or the Barisan Nasional politicians (BN, or 'National Front', is the ruling party that has governed this country since Malaysia's independence from the UK in 1957). The great troubles of the world--Iran, Israel, Iraq, the bleeding sore that is "Palestine", even southern Thailand's festering Jihad--all seem comfortably far away from everyday Malaysian life.

"Let the politicians think about such things", most Malaysians will say. Surely, Islam cannot be responsible for any of the troubles in the world. Because the government and the government (Muslim) clerics say so, that's good enough for the average Malay on the street.

Many Americans had these same sorts of thoughts before 9-11. The world's troubles were seemingly far away, and that was comforting to know. Islam's involvement in virtually every war/terrorist incident in the world, was something not known by the average American before 9-11. It's not known to the average Malaysian, not even now. And even if it was, such facts would not be appreciated in its proper context. Certainly, there could be nothing intrinsically violent about Islam itself, or its teachings, right? Jihad, as they teach everyone in their Islamic studies classes (mandatory at all Malaysian government schools), is surely only a peaceful internal struggle for spiritual self improvement, right?

Malaysian society, by and large, is asleep to the dangers without and within. Most Malaysians may not pose much of a direct danger to Dar al Harb, but they won't resist Islam's Global Jihad either. If Israelis, Americans, and other free countries in this world want to preserve their free societies, you will not find any help here. And if that's true, they aren't going to find it in any other quarter of Dar al Islam, either.

Crossposted at Infidel Bloggers Alliance as part of the "This is how it was, 2006" series.


murtad girl said...


I can guarantee you that you will be just fine in Malaysia. Being me as an apostate and being different than others make me more expose to Syariah which can every time put me in prison of Islam.

Yes, Malaysia doesnt agree what USA did to Arabs world. Malaysia say no to Invading Iraq, Malaysia dont have any diplomatic relationship with Israel. Yes, Malaysia is Islamic Country where almost all religions been practice in Malaysia except Judaism.

I have been living in Malaysia for 27 years and my parents are muslim and so with my relatives. They are all amazing people, honest and respectful. They have non-muslims friends surrounding them and they arent fighting each other because of different belief but respect each other.

As for my concern AJ honey. You just going to be just fine Sweetheart Trust me.

I will take care of you.


friendlysaviour said...

Anti J... Must be like carrying the weight of the World.
murtad says "you will be just fine (blink)"
Perhaps as long as you keep your thoughts to yourself.
The co-existence of beliefs depends on the need to maintain political relations for trading purposes around the World.
Hence tony Blair walks the tightrope of keeping chums with George B., whilst at the same time staying quiet about our dear cousins (we are related) the marvellous Danish people who make the finest lager (sorry Germany) and the most beautiful butter and dairy products in Europe.
Uk dare not be seen to be out of step with the muslim world because a: we have our boys in iraq.
b: we have so much of our products sold to muslim countries.
c:they got alot of oil which we need to keep warm and get around.
d:we have millions of them living here courtesy of our former colonies and illegal/legal immigration.
That is why the uk gov. is so worried abour a tiny political party such as the bnp, which has very little support as yet at elections.
What's to be done?
I think only more capitulation to dhimmitude and increasing pressure and propaganda against anyone here who says anything that might "rock the boat"
There must come a time though, when the lies and BS that tell us about the ROP and how it does not represent any threat will be exposed for what it is.
Unfortunately this is likely to be accompanied by much tribulation.
The uk gov. can keep appeasing and placating the public, and they in their ivory towers of pc, which are in reality dung-heaps of deceipt and and confusion, will show their colours when they set authorities against a "patriotic" backlash, when some event or other exeeds the inventiveness of their lying "spin-machine", and the facts of a future under the yoke,.. become so obvious that few will refuse to awaken from the opiated dreams of the wonderful multicultural future
that has been concocted by these fools and fed to young kids in school like milk.
Yes all races could live together in the dreamland utopia, yes all religious people could live in the same Country,... except one.
That is the one religion that sees itself as superior to all others. That is the religion that seeks to bridle the human spirit and anchor it to a confused edifice of words down which that human spirit can only slide into one thing...SUBmission.
That is the name and aim of that religion,.. submission what?
To the words of a human being. Words that are claimed to emanate from God himself.. what God.. the God of a tribal desert caravan trader, who invented his god out of military ambition and spite to conquer his former pagan brothers.
A god we are told that is superior to all others, but a god that still demands animal sacrifice and a god that is worshipped at a pagan place in much the same way as the pagans worshipped there for a thousand years before. A god whose notion is concocted from borrowed and stolen ideas of Judaic and Christian historical fact and legend.
Spread by a pagan who believed the Angel dictated the words of God.
A relgion frozen in time and spread now as of old by the threat of the SWORD and the stealth of duplicious words.
We must stand firm. And wait.

Avenging Apostate said...

Murtad Girl, I'm sure you are fine there. But here's something many don't understand, including you I guess.

Being an infidel and a convert out of Islam at that, if I keep my mouth shut in Saudi Arabia and Iran...I will be totally fine. Islam doesnt have any freedom of speech and thought, well name any kind of freedom, it isn't there.

As for my family, it is not like my father, mother and my siblings go aroud asking people if they're Moslems or not and if the answer is in negative...they shoot the person. They are very nice to infidels too.

But what will happen the day I cant keep my mouth shut anymore? What will happen then? What if I told them I wasn't a Moslem? Will the picture remain the same? I know that atleast half of the day in my house is spent talking against the infidels, how wrong their practices are and how great Islam is (duh!) Will my 'Liberal, peaceloving' folks accept me? The answer is simple. No! The love and peace just goes right out the window once you walk out of this prison--not just through converting out of it but even when you are an infidel and talk against it.

Malaysia could be a liberal (duh again) country and so is(!?!) the UAE, but they are Moslems and that is never going to change. Women can wear bikini on the beach but if the time comes, they will strap bombs to their bodies and blow themselves and try to blow some infidels up with them too.

So to answer your statement...No, AJ isnt safe there if he forgets to keep his mouth shut, I know what he's talking about because I go through the same because I dont want to stoop to their level just like AJ and other bloggers and that creates problems. It is a problem that Allah doesnt love (and he is merciful and compassionate...FUNNY!)

Cahaya said...

I am Malaysian but I live in the US now. My Malaysian blogger friends avoid the topic of the Danish cartoons - none of them has posted anything on the topic. The only one who dared post the 12 cartoons quickly took them off after being told it wasn't wise of her to bring attention to herself.

On one of blogs, I do not restraint myself,probably because I feel safe here in the US. But none of my blogger friends (all non muslim) know that this particular site belongs to me. Am I being cowardly? All my blogger friends practise self-censorship, so I don't want them to feel uncomfortable about my non-pc blogging activities.

I have no quarrel with my muslim friends because they are peaceful people, and I can understand their outrage but none of them advocates violence as a solution for solving this problem.

It is my greatest hope that they will leave Islam, and see Islam for what it really is.


The Anti-Jihadist said...

Murtad, I agree completely with Apostate and bld. Everything will be fine in Malaysia for me, as long as I keep my mouth shut. One wrong word to the wrong person, or to the government, and I am in deep trouble.

Any Muslims that 'respect' and get along with infidels, well, that has nothing to do with Islam's teachings. Those Muslims do it in spite of or out of ignorance to the Koran (note sura 5, verse 51, among many others).

Cahaya, Muslims may be peaceful, so long as one does nothing to offend Muslims or Islam. That's a lot of red lines that can never be crossed, and essentially means the abdication of freedom as known in the free world. This state is also known as Dhimmitude. What happens to 'peaceful' Muslims when the dhimmis refuse to censor themselves? That sort of peace is no peace at all.

Murtad, is your entire family Muslim? Have you told your family that you have renounced Islam? Would they accept that news graciously if you did tell them? If you haven't told them, why not? Fear is probably a big part of the reason, I would wager. And since you fear your own family on the topic of religion, how can Malaysia, or any other Islamic state, ever be free? You know the answer as well as I.

I despise Malaysia, for embracing Islam, and Sharia, its rejection of Israel, its tacit approval of jihad, and its embrace of the enemies of freedom.

Cahaya said...

Maybe that is what/where Islam ought to be - consisting of muslims who only choose to see the good teachings in Koran and ignoring and not subscribing to the violent dictates of its teachings, and/or forced subjugation of the dhimmis.

A reformed Islam, is that possible? I don't see that happening in my lifetime .. which is too bad .. maybe in a few more hundred years, if we haven't all been subjugated by then!

Mark said...


Excellent blog!


A reformed Islam, is that possible? I don't see that happening in my lifetime .. which is too bad .. maybe in a few more hundred years, if we haven't all been subjugated by then!

How can it ever be possible? Islam has been written in stone, so to speak. Not a word, not a syllable may be changed. In such a case, it is NOT possible for Islam ever to reform. Reformed Islam is an oxymoron!

Mark said...

Sorry! That should have read 'Anti-Jihadist".

Anonymous said...

^^ nice blog!! thanks a lot! ^^

徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 外遇, 抓姦, 離婚, 外遇,離婚,

徵信, 外遇, 離婚, 徵信社, 徵信, 外遇, 抓姦, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 外遇, 徵信社, 徵信, 外遇, 抓姦, 徵信社, 征信, 征信, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 征信, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信社, 徵信社, 徵信, 外遇, 抓姦