Monday, March 27, 2006

Al-Azhar Sharia Manual Makes the Case - Kill the Apostates

From LGF:

"The contemporary (i.e., 1991) Al-Azhar (Cairo) Islamic Research Academy-endorsed Shafi’i manual of Islamic Law, ‘Umdat al-Salik (pp. 595-96) states:

Leaving Islam is the ugliest form of unbelief (kufr) and the worst…. When a person who has reached puberty and is sane voluntarily apostasizes from Islam, he deserves to be killed. In such a case, it is obligatory…to ask him to repent and return to Islam. If he does it is accepted from him, but if he refuses, he is immediately killed."


The Anti-Jihadist said...

To show how barbarous and hideous Islam really is. So-called 'moderate Muslims' cannot deny it or disagree with it without being charged with (and perhaps punished for) the 'crime' of Apostacy itself. Admirers and apologists in the West, the fifth column, cannot explain this away either. It is a trump card in the hand of the anti-jihad forces.

Chris said...

Is there any political leader for islam like The Pope and the Ecumenical Patriarche for Christianity? It looks like as mob rather than a religion. Religions always have a leader or in general someone to inspire, what about Islam? Who is behind this mess?

friendlysaviour said...

Mark,.. if you are pssing, can u give chris an answer?

Always On Watch said...

This morning, the head of CAIR was interviewed on CBS news--the morning show. He stated outright that the Koran doesn't say that apostates should be killed.

CAIR's web site is

I'm pressed for time--work calls!--but somebody needs to take on CBS on this one.

hutchrun said...


When this Taliban spokesman held up the evidence for putting American Christians
to death in 2001, he never thought that he would be invited to Yale. (Neither did we). - AP

hutchrun said...

The tyranny of the Islamic courts, which have commissions in all 13 states of Malaysia, mean that no person has ever been allowed to leave Islam while alive. The only person allowed to apostasise was an 89-year old Buddhist woman, Nyonya Tahir, who was only allowed this privilege after her death.

Many states have adopted a controversial Control and Restriction Bill, which allows fines of 10,000 ringit or $2,653 and terms of imprisonment for up to one year for anyone guilty of "persuading, influencing a Muslim to leave Islam for another religion."

Only 60% of the country are Muslim, and these are mainly ethnic Malays. The remaining 40% have felt threatened by the encroachment of Islam into their lives, particularly following the Moorthy case. 30 Hindu groups have formed the Hindu Rights Action Force (HRAF) to counter the effects of sharia law.