Thursday, August 03, 2006

A Step Further

For as long as I can remember, I have lived among the people who have hated the Jews. For a long time I was one of them. Oh I hated the Jews, I wanted to kill them all. I wanted to be there for Muslims because I believed the Zionists were plotting to kill all the Muslims and take the world over. I grew up in a country (Saudi Arabia) where it was widely believed that The Protocols of the Elders of Zion was in fact a book written by Jewish Rabbis. They still believe it to this day.

Later I was educated in a country where people had more freedom of expression and whose language I understood (Pakistan). After listening to what they had to preach every Friday in the mosque, I grew to hate the Jews even more. Jews were the enemy not so much because of the Holy Land, but because they were the Jews. The Qur'an enlightened people all around me, who later enlightened me, that the Jews were inherently evil.

That has all changed for me--my hatred against the Jews has long since turned into love for them. But still, nothing has changed around me...well maybe it has. Where I live now (the UAE), not only Muslims, but Hindus, Christians, Buddhists, atheists, and even a supposedly peace-loving people from a social group called Art of Living, all hate the Jews. Their reason for their hatred is because the Jews are Jewish.

Since the commencement of Israel's war against Hezbollah, all I see around me is ever more Jew hatred--posters with photos of dead Lebanese children (alleged victims of 'Zionist atrocities') are featured prominently everywhere in Dubai, such as shopping malls and hospitals. Wherever I look, I see it--wherever I hear people talking, I hear words of hatred against the Jews. I try to look for the posters about the women and children who have died in Israel. But there is nothing about them, because all Jews have committed a crime, young and old alike. They have committed the crime of being Jewish.

It seems that I am the only one here who fully supports Israel and the Jews; that I am the only one who can see beyond the web of Muslim lies. How long am I going to sit back for and watch it all happen all around me? How long am I going keep hiding? How long am I willing to hear the chants 'Death to Israel, death to the Jews' without objecting to them? I ask myself these questions, but I can't answer them.

I am alone here. What difference can I make? I am afraid that if I side with the 'inherently evil' Jews, I will be cursed too, I will be hated along with them. I want to be loved by my friends, people who know me and my family. But then again, the same is true for the Jews, right? When I think how much they have given to the world, I want to do something for them too. I want to give them back for what they have done for me, and for the whole world.

But I am alone. I cannot turn to anyone to talk about what I think. I am afraid of being judged. I want to look good in the eyes of the world. But deep down, I know what I believe, I know the truth--and if I hide the truth, I am selfish and evil, like so many others around me are.

I can never make myself comfortable with the thought that many years from now, on my death-bed, regretting not saying a word against evil when I had a chance to, not taking the opportunity that could have changed the opinion of even one person about the Jews. I don't want to die with a guilty conscious. I want to die in peace. So I have decided to take a step further in helping the people I love.

After much thought and consideration, I have decided to talk about it and to discuss this hatred of the Jews starting this September. The venue is the food court, Knowledge Village, Dubai, UAE. Any anti-Semite is invited to sit with me at my table with my friends, and talk about this hatred openly and honestly with me. I cannot fight with money, and I cannot help the Jews with weapons. But talk I can and talk I will.

5 comments:

'G' said...

You r not the only jew supporer in UAE! So am I!

I relate to you saying "I cannot turn to anyone to talk about what I think. I am afraid of being judged."

The fear of persecution is always real..hng in there bro
love
g

European Kafir said...

Avenging apostate:

Thank you, you make me feel that there are decent muslims left on this world! I adore your courage! I feel the same here, the same love for Israel and Jewish people and I also feel I am rather alone (Europe, Switzerland). But in opposite to you.. I MAY EXPRESS my feelings, I do discuss them with my friends. All that can happen to me is that people tell me that I am crazy, that`s it.. no problem to me.. I am crazy then!
But for you it`s different, even though so far you did not dare to express your opinions in public I find it adorable that you feel the the way you do!!!

EK

Avenging Apostate said...

G,

You r not the only jew supporer in UAE! So am I!

It is a relief to know that there is someone else in the UAE like me. But for security reasons I'd rather get to know you through reading your blog and you can read my posts here than meeting each other in person.

The fear of persecution is always real..hng in there bro

It is, isn't it? Too bad the leftists around the world are too blind to see it.

Thanks for your support.

European Kafir,

Thank you, you make me feel that there are decent muslims left on this world!

I am sorry to disappoint you EK but I am not a Muslim anymore. Actually, it was only when I said good-bye to Islam that I changed. So, like you I, too, am yet to see a 'decent' Muslim in this world, and hey, I live in a majority Muslim country (UAE), was born in a majority Muslim country (Saudi Arabia) and later studied in a majority Muslim country (Pakistan), going by those stats, I don't think there's much hope.

But we can stick together and make a difference through our blogs and other means.

John Sobieski said...

I would not despair too much. Israel is doing a fine job destroying Hizbullah despite the propaganda to the contrary.

Always On Watch said...

Avanging Apostate,
But I am alone. I cannot turn to anyone to talk about what I think. I am afraid of being judged. I want to look good in the eyes of the world. But deep down, I know what I believe, I know the truth--and if I hide the truth, I am selfish and evil, like so many others around me are.

I can never make myself comfortable with the thought that many years from now, on my death-bed, regretting not saying a word against evil when I had a chance to...

After much thought and consideration, I have decided to talk about it and to discuss this hatred of the Jews starting this September.


I will pray for your safety and for God's protection for you.

You will be acting more bravely than many world leaders.

AA, you are a modern-day Daniel!