Gates of Vienna has concisely summed up the upshot of the Dem’s electoral victory last month, and the recent Iraq Surrender Group report.
Namely, we of the counter jihad are on our own. Government is not going to help us, not any time soon. And what about the private sector? The media, academia, major corporations, most charitable organizations, are in the hands of the uncaring, the dhimmis, or the Treasonist Left. To put it mildly, these people are not our friends, and they will not help us either.
If anyone will wage the counter jihad, it will be ourselves, as individuals, and no one else.
This is not a time for talking. This is a time for action, and no one is going to act on our behalf. With this salient point in mind, I humbly offer some steps you can undertake right now (hat tip to the commenters at GoV):
- Stop biting your tongue when a friend, family member or colleague starts spouting PC platitudes. Don't be afraid of speaking your mind with composure and firmness. Don't improvise--be articulate and speak from reason, but with emotion.
- Contribute your money or time (preferably both) to the few counterjihad organizations that are already out there. Anti-CAIR and Jihadwatch are good places to start.
- Seek like-minded individuals in your area or neighborhood, and join forces with them.
- Stop supporting establishments that are sympathetic to Islamist extremism (there's a redundancy right there). If you already have, start actively boycotting them and making their lives difficult--all within the laws of civility, of course.
- Conserve gasoline and energy as much as possible. Most fossil fuel energy production is in the hands of our enemies or their allies (Venezuela, Russia, and the entire Middle East). Remember, oil fuels terrorism and Jihad.
- If you do not have any involvement with public or semi-public institutions (schools, city councils, hospital boards, etc.), become involved and speak up. Better yet, get your friends to do so as well.
- Go to the public planning meetings, whenever an Islamic project is the topic, that these projects must go through. Take your like-minded friends to these meetings, and vociferously protest.
- Are you an attorney, or do you know one? Take school boards to court if they capitulate to Muslim pressure. Bog down every application to build mosques, ‘Islamic Centers’, madrassas, etc in the courts.
- Don't employ or work for Muslims, sell or rent property to them.
- Refuse to engage in converstion with any person in Muslim attire, such as a veil, headscarf or hijab.
- Be as hostile as it's possible to be (while staying within the law) to any Muslims or Muslim organizations.
- Boycott any company that caves in to pressure from Muslim groups for any reason whatsoever. And publicize the boycott.
- Improve your marksmanship and weapons-handling skills.
- Report any suspicious activities or behavior to the police immediately, especially if it involves Muslims.
- Be vigilant, protect your family and never think "it won't happen here/it won't happen to me."
I am not advocating anyone to break the law, but there is much free citizens can do, right now, to fight for our civilization and against Islam. There is no more time to waste.