By the Anti Jihadist
Muslim author and jihadist apologist/enabler 'Kazi Mahmood' has a new book out, "USA Above The Law", to advance his Islamist agenda. It should be in the bookshops of KL any minute now. I strongly suspect the UMNO censors will have no 'issues' with having this particular tome on Malaysian bookshelves. Why should they? After all, Kazi's and UMNO's agenda are one and the same -- for them, the US is "public enemy number one".
Kazi's list of villians in his new book should be familiar to anyone who's read any of his columns at Malaysia Today for more than a few moments. Kazi's bad guys are straight out of the 'progressive' revolutionary left/Islamist (both are increasingly one and the same) playbook -- Zionists, 'neocons', and other 'extremists'.
So, what sort of villiany is not on Kazi's radar? Here are some tragic examples of actual extremism:
- Malaysian 'religious rehab' prisons for anyone who begs for permission to leave Islam
- Muslim jihadists in southern Thailand who butcher Buddhists and Muslims alike
- Taliban/Al Qaeda suicide bombers in Pakistan and Afghanistan
- Sunni and Shia extremists in Iraq who blow up mosques and massacre women and children
- Muslim governments who punish rape victims and torture, imprison, and/or execute gays and 'apostates'
- Muslim public displays of mass rage and calls for murder in response to teddy bears in Sudan or cartoons in Denmark
- Muslim intimidation and threats against anyone who criticises Islam, such as PM Abdullah Badawi's recent announcement that any Malaysian who critiques Islam will be charged with 'sedition'
And that's just a brief list.
Ah yes, but Kazi's book is about how evil the United States is, right? Well, here's what the nefarious US has been up to as of late, in particular their foreign policy (all amounts below are in US dollars):
- Disaster relief to Muslims in Sumatra (2004-5), Bangladesh (1991, 2007), Somalia (1992-3), and Pakistan (2005) totalling hundreds of millions of dollars
- Saving Muslims from ethnic cleansing and/or genocide in Kosovo, Bosnia, and Kurdistan
- $1 billion in aid for Darfur (a Muslim-populated region) since 2003
- $225 million for the 'Palestinian Authority' since 2003
- President Bush's tripling of direct humanitarian and development aid to Africa -- the world's most impoverished continent -- since 2001, and he's recently vowed to double that increased amount by 2010 -- to nearly $9 billion
I'm fairly certain there's no need for anyone to waste RM30 to find out that Kazi's latest shrill masterpiece doesn't delve into any of these rather inconvenient facts.
What "USA Above the Law" is really about is the mass Muslim delusion that Islam is not responsible for all the religiously-based violence and misery it inflicts upon itself and the world. As Kazi and company so desperately want you to believe, the basic line is that Islam is under attack -- mainly by the US (of course), but also by others. Any violence Muslims do commit is supposedly 'defensive' in nature. Kazi's writings either ignore or dismiss as exaggerated all the Islamic terrorism, intolerance, and violence out there, much of it occuring right here in Malaysia. Where it does exist, it's simply the result of "...Muslims responding to oppression" or some such nonsense.
This irrational belief in victimization by the infidels (non Muslims), as peddled by Mr. Kazi and too many others, is a major factor in continued and widespread Muslim support of Islamic terrorism. That support only falters among Muslims who have themselves been victims of that violence. And even that tends to be temporary.