Saturday, December 13, 2008

Latest addition to the PI bookshelf- Islam: The Enemy

This week I had the honor and pleasure of being contacted by American counterjihad author and university professor Rich Crandall. His new book "Islam: The Enemy" is out and available now, after nearly seven years of diligent research and effort. I'm honored to add Mr. Crandall's website to our blogroll, and his book to our 'Counterjihad Bookshelf' in our sidebar.

Rather than just rehash who this man is and what this fine new tome is all about, I'm going to let the esteemed author speak for himself. The following is Mr. Crandall's letter to our inbox, reprinted below with his permission.


***

Hello Pedestrian Infidel,

I just recently found your web site and think it is great! I agree that Islam is a global threat and that it is incompatible with freedom. I wanted to make you aware of my new book Islam: The Enemy which you can see at http://islamtheenemy.com.

Be forewarned, my book is not politically correct. The title page has the following:

Isn’t it about time someone finally said it is not a war against Islamic extremism, Islamic fundamentalism, Islamic terrorism, Islamic fascism, Islamofascism, Muslim extremism, Muslim fundamentalism, Muslim terrorism, radical Islam, or stateless terrorists? Rather, it is a war against Islam, a bloody, intolerant, and violent ideology currently masquerading as a religion!

Chapter 01 is titled “Wake Up, America!” and it begins:

Muhammad, the prophet of Islam, was an assassin, bandit, murderer, pedophile, rapist, robber, slave owner, thief, thug, and warlord. He called for and engaged in the mass slaughter of those who refused to convert or submit to Islam.

I have a Ph.D. from the University of Michigan, and for almost 40 years have been a university professor whose major area of specialization within sociology has been gerontology. I wrote two widely used gerontology textbooks. After running for 25 years I wrote a heavily researched book titled Running: The Consequences which examined the physiological and psychological consequences of running (The consequences must be good since I am still getting in 50 miles a week). And, after collecting Inuit art for over three decades I wrote a book titled Inuit Art: A History. The annotated bibliography was also published and had over 4,000 references which I used to write the book. Thus, over my career I have had diverse research interests, and all of my books are thoroughly researched.

In 2001 I was working on a book which was to be titled "The Failure of Liberalism". On September 11, 2001 the focus of my research changed to exposing Islam as the cause of 9/11. My thesis is stated in the book’s second paragraph:

Islam is not a religion of peace. It is a religion of hatred, intolerance, and violence, as is easily demonstrated by its prophet’s behavior and teachings, by it religious doctrines, as well as by its fourteen hundred-year history. Shortly before his death in 632, Muhammad told his followers, “I have been ordered by Allah to fight against the people till they testify that none has the right to be worshiped but Allah, and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.” Muslims have echoed these words many times over the last fourteen hundred years as they engaged in jihad to force others to accept Islam. In November 2001 Osama bin Laden paraphrased them once again when he stated, “I was ordered to fight the people until they say there is no god but Allah and his prophet Muhammad.”

Toward the end of Chapter 01 I state:

Those who claim that Islam has been hijacked by extremists are either being deceitful or they are ignorant, liars, or stupid. In fact, these same individuals would have to claim that Muhammad, the prophet of Islam, was an extremist who hijacked his own religion.

In Chapter 04 I discuss “The Myth of the Moderate Muslim.” Here I state:

Moderate Muslims have three options. First, they an continue to practice a toned-down or cafeteria-style of Islam which makes them hypocrites. And hypocrites will go to hell where they will suffer a torment far worse than that of non-Muslims. Second, they can become apostates and leave Islam, which means they will be killed for being an apostate, and as apostates they will go to hell, where they will receive extra torment. The third option is to become a pious Muslim.

In Chapter 02 - 05 I examine Islam’s most important religious documents: the hadith reports, the Koran, and Islamic law. These documents clearly demonstrate that Islam is not a religion of peace. Chapters 06 - 09 provide a biography of Muhammad. His biography was summarized in the second quote in this email. The biography is important since Muslims believe Muhammad was the perfect man, and that his behavior is to be followed by all Muslims. The last chapters deal with current events. Chapter 10 is titled “Recent Wake-Up Alarms” and it deals with (1) we should have known 9/11 was coming, and (2) we still do not take the war seriously. Chapters 11 and 12 deal with second attacks, first by the mainstream media and second by Muslims. The last chapter, Chapter 13, is titled “The Infestation of the West” and it deals with the slow but steady “Islamization” or “sharia by the inch” of the West.

***

If you have any questions you can contact me at or through rcrandall@islamtheenemy.com [or] my website at http://islamtheenemy.com/.

Sincerely,
Rich Crandall

3 comments:

hellosnackbar said...

This book(translated into the appropriate language)should be made a
compulsory text in all madrassas.

Always On Watch said...

This looks to be an excellent book.

I've just sent an email to the author to request an interview on the weekly radio show I cohost.

Always On Watch said...

Mr. Crandall has consented to the interview - January 16th.