Imagine what a truly moderate majority-Muslim country might be like. I know it sounds like a non sequitur, but indulge a flight of fantasy for a moment. And no, I don't mean Malaysia, the land where Muslims have repeatedly shown their hatred of all things American and use the term 'Zionist' as the ultimate political slur.
Such a country, if it existed, would have:
- a very high approval rating of US foreign policy (circa 90%)
- close and warm relations with Israel (both officially and unofficially)
- very few, if any of the women, in hijabs, burqas, tudongs or any other type of 'female containment' clothing
- No lifestyle police
- alcohol that is not restricted and is freely available
- citizens who place themselves as citizens of their nation first, followers of Islam a distant second
- virtually no interest in any Islamic/Islamist political parties or groups (PAS, Hamas, etc.)
- American flags flying in public places as a common practice
Sounds crazy, doesn't it? I mean, how could such a Muslim-majority country exist? It'll never happen, right?
Well, this is no crazy neocon dream...there really is such a place. This newly-declared nation even named the road from their main international airport to their capital 'Bill Clinton Boulevard'.
Read about this country here.