Tuesday, July 28, 2009

An Apology to Michael Travis

A couple of days ago I put up a post titled "George Bush: A President With Balls!" Well, I have decided to take that off because of the following comment over at IBLOGA by Michael Travis:

Avenging Apostate...I understand your position and respect your switch to
Christianity.

I am Israeli....and suffered greatly from GWB's actions. I watched as a neighbour girl was blown up a few meters from me. I was one of the first on the scene when the Dolphinarium disco was attacked and dozens of innocent kids were murdered..........Bush's initial response to those incidents was and angry "No, that is not terrorism"! HE spoke on camera and off the cuff. Of course after consultation he denounced the attacks...using the same words as Arafat. Very sincere.

I can also never forget the promises to the Arabs in Egypt, Morroco, and Spain made by Colin Powell...."All options are on the table" (With regard to "Military intervention" or bombing Israel to make us accept the unacceptable.)

I don't believe in being politically correct. Or changing something because somebody else might get offended. But I was unaware of these things that Michael Travis brough to my attention. I put up an Israeli flag as the image for my profile not just because Muslims hate Israel but because I support Israel with all my heart. And if Bush, or anyone for that matter, is in any way against Israel, well they can forget about my support.

So that post of mine will be taken down and I want to sincerely apologize to Michael Travis for putting up that post in the first place.

3 comments:

European Kafir said...

Both of us not being israelis, both not jewish. but just like you i will always fight evil (to me this is islam and what the world gets to suffer from it) and i will always fight for the good (israel).

I am reading your posts with great interest and people like you make me understand that there are good people... also coming from the (originally) islamic side.

Maggie M. Thornton said...

During the Bush administration, I was ALWAYS enraged at Condi Rice and Bush for their push, push, push for a Palestinian state without seriously addressing the goal of Palestinians/Hamas. We have never had a leader address the "problem" honestly.

I DID believe in my heart that Bush would not leave office with Iran's nuclear facilities in tact. I was so disappointed as the end of his time neared and it was obvious nothing would be done.

Many, many Christians believe there should be a two-state solution, and they believe the problems can be "fixed." I don't know if it is sheer ignorance of the world, or sheer ignorance of the Bible.

It should not take much for anyone to understand the history behind Palestine and how Israel was born.

Then there is the problem of Jews in America, who play a big part in American politics. It is a dynamic I will never understand. I ask my conservative Jewish friends (bloggers) how they can support Liberal causes and the answer is because they have always been Liberal and will always be Liberal.

I more often than not feel that I care more about Israel than do America Jews (not all of course, and that is evidenced by the fine Jewish bloggers who so poignantly and blatantly lay the truth on the table, and not so gently).

About Bush: I wonder how different things would be for Israel had the war not happened. I truly believe that Bush just could not take on another struggle. He could not take on the State Department. It was just too much.

Avenging Apostate said...

Maggie,

About Bush: I wonder how different things would be for Israel had the war not happened. I truly believe that Bush just could not take on another struggle. He could not take on the State Department. It was just too much.

I agree with you there. Bush had probably run out of steam fighting with the state dept. and the congress. A man can only take so much. However, he did take the responsibility by running for the 2nd term. If he thought himself unable to carry out the responsibilities of the office. He should have stepped down.

As for liberal Jews in America. well they don't really surprise me as all liberals are at it trying to destroy everything their countries stand for. Look at the "Gentile" liberals in America.