Saturday, September 26, 2009

I Was In Birmingham Yesterday

I was in Birmingham, UK yesterday. In my mind, at first, I was in any regular European city. Modernity, a vibe of freedom and a lot of pubs is what I was thinking would be waiting there to welcome just any infidel. In all honesty, what would you expect when you would go to a country but to see their culture in proud display everywhere? Little did I know, I was in for a big surprise!

After my flight to Birmingham day before yesterday, I was really tired so I decided to sleep through the night. When I woke up, I was naturally hungry. So I thought I’d get up and go have some Fish & Chips or something. I went out of my hotel looking for local restaurants. I found plenty of those but what surprised me and pissed me off to a great degree were the signs “100% Halal” that I could see everywhere. It shouldn’t have surprised me, knowing the current turn of events in Europe, but it did.

I don’t know how many of you are aware that my fiancé and I have decided to boycott Halal food altogether. Being from a Muslim background myself, I fully understand the meaning of Halal; I know what it means for meat to be Halal. It’s true that Halal, the word itself, means permissible. However, the process by which meat is declared Halal is, in our opinion, idolatry. When a Muslim butcher slaughters a goat or a cow, for example, not only does he make sure the animal is facing Mecca but he also recites “Be-ism-Allah-e-Allah-u-akbar” which literally translated means, “In the name of Allah, Allah is greater”. So, whenever you eat something that is Halal, you are bearing witness to that statement. And my fiancé and I have decided, we won’t worship Allah, the Muslim god, in any way or let the Muslims profit from us buying their food!

Living in a Muslim country, because of our decision, we pretty much have to not eat any chicken or beef or lamb or whatever else kind of meat you can think of apart from pork and fish. And we have been doing fine without it for about a year. However, whenever we go to “infidel” countries, we eat beef and chicken and whatever else we want, knowing that it is not Halal. And that is what I was hoping to do in Birmingham; I guess you understand me being pissed more now.

Anyway, that is not the only reason I was pissed (because eventually I did find a fast food restaurant that didn’t have Halal all over it and just to make sure it was “extra” Haram, I asked them to put bacon in it), another reason that I was pissed was that wherever I looked, I saw bearded men in their Pakistani or Arabic garb walking around. I heard Urdu and Arabic spoken on the street more than I did English. I saw more women wearing abayas or other things like it to cover themselves than I did free western women wearing skirts or other sorts of beautiful dresses. Yes, I was in Birmingham but I felt like I was back in Dubai or actually worse. I walked into a Borders bookstore there and I saw Qurans on the top shelf. The Bibles were kept on the third or fourth and no one cared but they made sure the Quran had the top spot. In my silent protest, I took one of the Qurans with my left hand and put it on the floor and left the store. I am sure that didn’t mean anything to anyone; I am sure that that Quran ended back up on the shelf but even when no one is watching, I won’t bow down to Allah; even when no one is watching, my God is!

You can read about it in the news, people can show you pictures of how bad England has become but you have to see it for yourself for your blood to actually boil. You have to see it for yourself to believe that England or at least Birmingham as we knew it is no more. We can keep telling our children stories about Charles Martel or the Siege of Vienna but those stories in the near future are going to mean nothing because, as I saw yesterday, Muslims have arrived. And they have arrived with full might. They have taken over stores, restaurants, streets and culture. Muslims have won the war and we haven’t even realized it. Even the most hardcore counter-jihadists among us are thinking, “Europe is going to be Muslim soon” but little do we realize that at least England already is. The only thing that’s left is for Muslims to declare it a Muslim state.

I came back from Birmingham appalled. I hated it. I hated every second that I had to spend there. Western civilization undone in front of our very own eyes. And who is responsible for all of this?

I blame you Britons. No, you weren’t helpless in all this. You weren’t forced at gun point nor were you conquered by another nation against your will. You willingly gave away your country in the name of multiculturalism and equality. You still don’t realize what has happened. I am sure the day you realize what you have done, you will fight harder than ever to reclaim your country but I’m afraid it’s going to be too late for you to just say to Muslims, “you know what? I think you should just leave!” I am afraid when you realize you’ve lost your country, you will have to reclaim it after losing millions of lives including innocent women and children who looked up to you in strong belief that you would protect them and put them before anyone else.

I really do hope Britain wakes up. I am sure it’s not just Britain but other countries in Europe also that are going through this. I have read up on it but I would like to see it myself. Sometime next month, if all goes well, I should be going to Paris for a day. I will make sure to write on that also if I see similar Islamization there. For now, I am just pissed because there isn’t a thing I can do but protest!

13 comments:

Mark said...

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience, AA. Not all of the UK is like Birmingham, I'm glad to say. That city is about one of the worst examples of Islamization in the UK. But it has to be said that what has already happened in Birmingham will happen in the rest of the UK, given time.

As you say, the UK is being given away to Muslims, and not even a shot is being fired. They are simply taking over.

Sad isn't it? Britain was once such a proud country.

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

Brother, I almost wept as I read this post, because I know who you are in Christ (at least a little from reading your posts and comments) and I experienced with you the beyond-belief disappointment that you must have experienced. In my town, the Muslim presence is beginning, but it's nothing compared to what is going on in parts of Europe.

Your explanation about halal foods was very enlightening. I knew this stuff, but I'd never put two and two together. I may blog this, because it is important. Christians are not supposed to be eating food sacrificed to idols, and we know what the Islamic god is, the very thing they say he isn't, an idol, a false god, it doesn't matter that they don't make statues or pictures of him, because that only covers up their lie. But your renunciation of halal foods (namely meat) is praiseworthy.

Whenever I go into a Borders or other big book stores, I always check out where the Qurans are versus the Jewish and Christian Bibles. I have sometimes put the Qurans (if there aren't too many) on the bottom shelf. Shame on me! but I too am appalled at how Islam has displaced the truth even in ceremonial situations, like book placement in stores.

Go with God, brother, and may our good and man-loving God protect you.

Mark said...

Romanós:

In my town, the Muslim presence is beginning, but it's nothing compared to what is going on in parts of Europe.

Are we to assume that you are at home somewhere in the States, then? Your name would imply otherwise.

If you are at home in the States, Islam is certainly starting to make itself felt there, too. Consider the Islamic prayer meeting at Capitol Hill today! Now that's disturbing if ever anything was.

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

Yeah, Mark, I live in Portland, Oregon. My name is Greek, because my identity is Greek Orthodox and it's from that identity that I interact with the world. I have an American name which I only use in business and legal affairs. My ethnicity is 100% Polish-American (2nd generation) from Chicago, but I do not belong to that ethnic group socially.

Mark said...

Romanós:

Thanks for the low-down. You have such an interesting background. A Polish-American with a Greek name. Now that's interesting! :-) Am I to assume, then, that you are a convert to the Greek Orthodox Church?

Because of your name, whenever I saw anything written by you, I always assumed you were from Greece. Shows just how wrong anyone can be, doesn't it?

Avenging Apostate said...

Mark,

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience, AA. Not all of the UK is like Birmingham, I'm glad to say. That city is about one of the worst examples of Islamization in the UK. But it has to be said that what has already happened in Birmingham will happen in the rest of the UK, given time.

Mark, as you probably already know. I am not against Britain in anyway. And that is why seeing Britain go down like that just plain hurts. If I was roaming around Indonesia or Pakistan or something, I would expect this kind of stuff but not in Britain. As you said, Britain was once such a proud country. Now, its a breeding ground for Muslim extremists in some places and Da'wah (Preaching) center for Islam in others.

Again, just like you said, I am sure all of UK is not like Birmingham but its going to be that way if this craziness isn't stopped.

Avenging Apostate said...

Your explanation about halal foods was very enlightening. I knew this stuff, but I'd never put two and two together. I may blog this, because it is important. Christians are not supposed to be eating food sacrificed to idols, and we know what the Islamic god is, the very thing they say he isn't, an idol, a false god, it doesn't matter that they don't make statues or pictures of him, because that only covers up their lie. But your renunciation of halal foods (namely meat) is praiseworthy.

My fiance and I talked to our pastor about this once and he treated it as though we were crazy and since we're supposed to be free under Christ, its alright if we eat Halal food. But a lot of people don't get it. Halal doesn't just mean "meat sacrificed by a Muslim". It has a whole meaning behind it. It is so deep in its idol worship (as you know)!

My fiance said to me the other day that its interesting how we seem to be the only Christians that know about the Halal foods and actually avoid it.

Its sad how we have all just decided to bow down to Muslims and Allah, knowingly or unknowingly!

Anyway, Romanos, I am glad to see there are people like you out there that also get it!

Mark said...

Avenging Apostate:

Mark, as you probably already know. I am not against Britain in anyway. And that is why seeing Britain go down like that just plain hurts.

I know full well that you aren't against the United Kingdom; and I understand exactly what you mean. I feel the same way about this problem as you do.

If I was roaming around Indonesia or Pakistan or something, I would expect this kind of stuff but not in Britain.

Exactly! When I worked in the Middle East, I had no problem with this sort of thing, because when I went there to work, it's what I expected to see. One doesn't expect this sort of thing in the middle of a British city, though. And even if one knows what to expect in a place like Birmingham, it still rankles.

As you said, Britain was once such a proud country.

Yes, so very proud, too.

Now, its a breeding ground for Muslim extremists in some places and Da'wah (Preaching) center for Islam in others.

Yes, and we seem to be powerless to stop the rot. (There aren't any politicians with balls.)

Again, just like you said, I am sure all of UK is not like Birmingham but its going to be that way if this craziness isn't stopped.

It will all go that way if "this craziness isn't stopped." The problem is that the politicians won't admit to the problem. They are in denial. (It's cowardice, really.) It suits them to be in denial, because if they were to admit to the problem, they'd be forced to do something about it. Now that would be uncomfortable for them, wouldn't it?

By the way, apropos of what you replied to Romanós about halal foods, you'll be pleased to know (I'm sure you did anyway) that I fully understand the meaning behind halal foods, and its symbolism. Like you and Romanós, I, too, avoid such foods wherever and whenever possible. Of course, when I worked in the Middle East, I couldn't; but that didn't bother me then, because I was in 'their' country.

mauriya said...

If one day, may not be in the near future, all of UK suffers under the yoke of enlightened Islam, I would say the Brits asked for it by their stupidity and indifference in letting this vile religion take root.

These vermins who always say their religion is a peaceful one do just the opposite. They preach hatred, jihad and cruelty.

Just facing Mecca to pray and slaughtering the animals in the most cruel way (they literally slit the throat slowly)saying Allah is great only shows how perverted they are.

It may be halal to them but it is absolutely clean the way they prepare and serve.

Have you come across a group of these idiots eating the same food from a big pot with their hands. Everyone justs digs into the pot with his bare hands and eats. They make sure nothing is left behind and literally lick their hands clean.

I am fortunate in the sense I do not eat any meat or sea food. I would rather be a vegetarian than do what these very holy butchers do to satiate their hunger.

In certain cases they even desecrate the animals after slaughtering if they feel that animal is dear to another religion or race.

It is sad such a great country as UK has gone down the drains to accommodate and feed these vile Islamic creatures.

Complacency and political expediency has caused this rot. If unchecked UK would become another Afghanistan or worse Pakistan.

mauriya said...

sorry for the error: It may be halal....but absolutely UNCLEAN....

Mark said...

Mauriya:

At least they use rose water after eating to cut the grease and perfume themselves up a bit! :-) And they don't use their left hands for eating. Now that truly would be unclean! :-) But they do scratch their balls with their right hands, of course! :-(

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

Mark, I am a Greek Orthodox of Polish ethnic origin and, yes, a convert from a non-practicing Roman Catholic family. My path to knowing Christ and receiving Him as the Lord is well documented here and there in my blog, but "on the road to find out" I passed first through Judaism, though I never joined that faith. My first church affiliation was Episcopalian, but after 12 years, my family and I converted to Greek Orthodoxy (taking the new name Romanós to honor my father whose name is Roman), as that was where we found the ancient faith we had been seeking—ancient but still alive and strong. (I've been Orthodox for 21 years now.) My love of the scriptures led me to become fluent in evangelical Greek (the dialect of Greek that the New Testament and the Septuagint is written in), which I have been reading for the last 21 years; I also am becoming fluent in biblical Hebrew, but it's more difficult as I don't attend a synagogue anymore (even though I didn't try to evangelize them, my presence in a Sephardi synagogue made the congregation uneasy, and so I voluntarily stopped attending out of respect). Perhaps I've already mentioned to Avenging Apostate that I can read Arabic (and Urdu) to some extent, and so can also read the Arabic Qur'an, and quote it in my polemical writing in the original language. So much by way of explanation, in case you come back to this post.

Dear brother Avenging Apostate, again I want to say I appreciate your stand on halal foods and I will also blog this when I have a chance to do so. To abstain has witness value, not to say that you acknowledge the existence of the muslim god (which does not really exist, as apostle Paul writes of the pagan gods), but that you despise any show of respect or worship to it as to an idol, which it is. Again I stand with you on this, as well as your other activities for Christ, and I thank God for you. God protect you, brother!

Mark said...

Romanós:

Mark, I am a Greek Orthodox of Polish ethnic origin and, yes, a convert from a non-practicing Roman Catholic family.

Fascinating. Thank you for the information.

My path to knowing Christ and receiving Him as the Lord is well documented here and there in my blog, but "on the road to find out" I passed first through Judaism, though I never joined that faith. My first church affiliation was Episcopalian, but after 12 years, my family and I converted to Greek Orthodoxy (taking the new name Romanós to honor my father whose name is Roman), as that was where we found the ancient faith we had been seeking—ancient but still alive and strong. (I've been Orthodox for 21 years now.)

You obviously take your religion very seriously. Few in the West today do so anymore, it seems to me.

My love of the scriptures led me to become fluent in evangelical Greek (the dialect of Greek that the New Testament and the Septuagint is written in), which I have been reading for the last 21 years; I also am becoming fluent in biblical Hebrew, but it's more difficult as I don't attend a synagogue anymore (even though I didn't try to evangelize them, my presence in a Sephardi synagogue made the congregation uneasy, and so I voluntarily stopped attending out of respect).

Very impressive. Languages are so fascinating, so enriching, and so delightfully challenging. One just keeps on going!

Perhaps I've already mentioned to Avenging Apostate that I can read Arabic (and Urdu) to some extent, and so can also read the Arabic Qur'an, and quote it in my polemical writing in the original language. So much by way of explanation, in case you come back to this post.

Again, what can I say except, I'm impressed.